A literacy intervention program for struggling readers
Although the manuals, DVDs and guides included in the MultiLit Reading Tutor Program are very comprehensive and explain how to implement the program in a one-to-one setting, training is highly recommended to give the user the extra confidence to get started.
What the workshop covers
- An overview of MultiLit and our philosophy
- An explanation of each of the program’s strands (MultiLit Word Attack Skills, MultiLit Sight Words, and MultiLit Reinforced Reading)
- Hands-on practical exercises in how to deliver all aspects of the program with particular emphasis on Word Attack Skills, Sight Words and book selection for Reinforced Reading
Who should attend?
- School-based primary and high-school teachers (special needs and mainstream teachers)
- School-based teacher aides
- School counsellors
The MultiLit Reading Tutor Program Kit and PD Workshop are available to schools only.
One day (6 PD hrs)
- Detailed notes to take back to your school
- Coffee and tea on arrival, morning tea and lunch
NSW Education Standards Authority
Completing the MultiLit Reading Tutor Program Professional Development Workshop will contribute 6 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 2.5.2, 3.1.2, 3.2.2, 3.6.2, 5.2.2, 5.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Teacher Quality Institute, ACT
Sydney (Macquarie Park, Manly, Rouse Hill, Liverpool, Sutherland area), Newcastle, Brisbane, Toowoomba, Melbourne, Canberra, Perth, Adelaide
Note: Please refer to the Professional Development Calendar, and if the workshop is not currently being held in your preferred location, please email us. MultiLit will also consider on-site training in your area if you have a large number of staff from your school, or from neighbouring schools, who are keen to be trained.
Please click here for the Price List and Order Form.
3 easy steps to book your place
- Download the Professional Development Calendar to find the next date in your chosen location.
- Complete the PD Registration form with your full details.
- Fax your completed PD Registration form to 02 9888 3818 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A MultiLit representative will then be in touch with you by email in due course to provide the details of the workshop. If your order includes a program kit, this will be sent directly to your delivery address.
Please note: The use of MultiLit publications and attendance at professional development workshops is for personal education use in schools with State/Territory accreditation (‘Accredited Schools’). Other commercial use, hiring or lending, or other use as part of any commercial, not-for-profit, or fee-paying program of instruction or tuition not carried out within an Accredited School is strictly prohibited.
You may also be interested in: